Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

7 lbs & e.e. cummings


If someone ever said this to an individual with ED, would it not be exactly what we're all desperately wanting to hear? AHHHH this poem speaks to me, it gives me goosebumps. 

I AM tired of the puzzle of living and doing.
I HAVE broken the toys I was fondest of.
I AM a little tired now, especially of things that break.
The perfect places of sleep... If that isn't the truth.

I'm down 7 lbs since fully recommitting to The War and I'm pleased. Lots of love :)

1 comment:

  1. This poem is fantastic! Emily Dickinson is always my go to poet but I should start looking up some of his stuff.
    It really is what you want to hear. I feel it now especially. My best friend is coming to visit and here I am, preparing by not eating all day because I know we'll be going to the bars and she'll want us to eat a little... I get tired of the way you can't feel happy fully because of the food. The panic. The anxiety. The self hatred that follows.

    Congrats on your loss sweetie!
    It's my turn to weigh in this morning.. sigh...
    lots of love!

    ReplyDelete