Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gum connoisseur


A while back I was at a coffee shop with some guys and my girlfriends D & C, who are two of my best friends. I live with D and S, S is my third soulmate in the female form :) ANYWAYS, at the coffee shop, C asked me for a piece of gum. "Lucky you, I just bought gum today! I have... let's see... Cinnamon, Watermelon, Apple Pie... Mint... maybe a few leftover pieces of Strawberry too..." 

I was completely unaware of how strange my collection would appear until it was too late. Bewildered, she chose a piece. I'm sure D & C exchanged worried conversation later. Get your starvation package, all for the low price of looking like a freak! Questionably extensive selections of gum included!

Down another pound today. I see my nurse practitioner this morning, the ED coordinator at school hunted me down and pressured an appointment. I'll have to tell her I didn't get my period again this month (nope, not pregs). The pathetic thing is I don't even weigh less, if anything I weigh a couple pounds more... It must just be the extremes of my diet beating my body down. I don't want to see her, I don't want to put the gown on and step backwards on the scale and pretend like I didn't just weigh myself an hour earlier.  

I promised a girlfriend from work I'd go out with her tonight and I'm already trying to figure out how to avoid the calories in the alcohol she'll want me to drink. I'll probably end up excusing myself to the bathroom and waste the expensive cup of liquid I just paid $5 for.

Lots of love

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even realize how weird that was until now either... lol! I do it too and I just bought one of those big plastic things of gum that has 40 pieces or however many and it's almost gone. Chewed through it.
    Good luck going out :/ my friend wants to Saturday and I want to but I don't want calories either..
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are even worried about alcohol calories? It must be really hard to live a day in your life. I'm anorexic/bullimic but I'm definitly not as intense as you. I'm envious, but at the same time I feel for you. <3

    ReplyDelete