Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Doctor Appointment #2

Doctor appointment number two today. Last week's assignment was to eat 800 calories a day and stop logging. 800 lead to 1500 lead to a binge on Sunday and I was extremely down about it, so I went back to restricting the rest of the week. And with restricting comes logging. So I basically flunked my goals for the week, and the doctor was not happy when I weighed 3.5 lbs less than last Friday. Her expectations are unreasonable and way too fast in my opinion, and I know she only has the best intentions in mind and she's incredibly sweet. But she can't expect me to drop everything so fast. Not to mention the fact I don't really want to.

She wants me to try to eat three meals a day and two snacks. Seriously? I eat one meal and one or two snacks a day. I can't do that all. And the 'meals' she described individually were like an entire day's worth to me. Just overwhelming and stressful and makes me feel anxious. I don't want to let her down but right now I'm too selfish to take her instruction.

117 today though, another new number to my eyes.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some advice to give you, but I have no experience on this subject of doctors and such.
    All I can suggest is to follow her meal plan as close as you feel comfortable with, unfortunately she probably knows what's best.
    Tackle it in small steps, best of luck xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I don't know how I got sucked into all of this. But I appreciate your support! As soon as I give myself an inch with meals I go a mile... it's a disaster.

      Delete