Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

ED Cocktail

It's been way too long since an entry, sorry if I've left anyone hanging!

I've been avoiding posting because the ED in my life is confusing and I don't even know what I think about it anymore. Previously it's been all about restriction restriction restriction, and some minimal exercise.

I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU GUYS DEAL WITH LIVING WITH PARENTS OR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS. Man, so much respect to you all. After a week of being home with my parents for Thanksgiving break I had to completely give up restricting. They're monitoring what I eat, going out to eat, fixing 'family dinners'... obviously Thanksgiving meals with extended family were a nightmare as well. Ughhhhhh!

Needless to say I had to adjust my habits to keep from having a major breakdown. Previously, I've had little success with purging and never considered it as a way to keep thin. Something clicked since I've been home, and it's begun an interesting battle. I'm still trying to restrict because I prefer the controlled calm it gives me. However, if I feel guilty now after consuming something, off to the bathroom I go and vomit it up. I feel accomplished in a sick way, and I know I have to be very strict with myself so I don't get sucked into the whirlpool of purging. I've also started extreme exercising, pushing myself to 10 mile distances a day.

Basically I'm in a weird phase of restricting when possible, purging, and extreme exercising. A weird ED cocktail. I really don't like it, it's not simple and comforting like restriction. Hoping to get back to normal when I get back to school tomorrow. Overall though, I feel AMAZING mentally. No feelings of depression, or wasting away, or failure... Hopefully it keeps up.

I hope you all have been doing okay, I hope to catch up on blogs later. Much love :)

3 comments:

  1. Purging becomes such a big part of your life so quickly. I hope things get back to normal for you sweetie.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purging can become a very tempting way to get out of "being bad"... like you said, don't get sucked into the whirlpool. It's tricky and can pull you away from restricting success. I think working out is a better way to purge calories, as long as you can do it enough....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for the rules.

    ReplyDelete